Subject: [Leica] Planning a LUG video gathering
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 15:55:44 -0700

WebEx is owned by Cisco, which makes its money selling large expensive
devices that deliver high bandwidth. It is in Cisco's financial interest
for WebEx to be bandwidth hungry. Zoom is capable of running in much
more congested conditions than Webex is. Zoom makes its money selling
usage licenses for its software. They are in fact a customer of Cisco.
Zoom was founded by a WebEx engineer who was frustrated at WebEx's
unwillingness to modernize and streamline its product.