Subject: [Leica] RET R SOSPECT 50
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2020 07:33:53 -0700

> The flag looks amateur and probably done by children, maybe the same
> children in the image. I wonder about the mindset of the teacher, and
> then remember the times, and people like George Wallace. I presume it
> didn't make the paper.

That is a Confederate flag, which 100 years after the end of the US
civil war and the dissolution of the Confederacy had become a symbol of
white supremacy.  I suspect that it wasn't made by black children.

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] RET R SOSPECT 50)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] RET R SOSPECT 50)
Message from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] RET R SOSPECT 50)