Subject: [Leica] 75mm f/2 M-mout lens -- outstanding
From: roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark)
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 15:23:29 -0700

As we would all expect, the new Apo-Summicron is so good that the corners
even at f/2 are excellent.  When files are opened in Photoshop with the
color fringing option activated, the image is nearly perfect.  However, if
then processed with Gigapixel AI you get perfect sharpness corner to corner
even at f/2.  (Gigapixel AI does sharpen it off axis, noticeable mostly on
the monitor at 200% magnification.  The main thing the sharpening software
does is extend effective DOF a bit.)  This lens deserves the Leica
"Apo" label without question.  (I'm using it with a Sony a7r4, modified
with the KoloriVision Ultra Thin cover-glass.)

The 28 and 75 are my traveling duo. (Anyone want an older 75 f/2.5 cheap?)

FWIW,

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com

Replies: Reply from roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark) ([Leica] 75mm f/2 M-mout lens -- outstanding)