Subject: [Leica] Erwin Puts farewell to Leica World
From: roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark)
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 17:53:08 -0700

Hi Tina,

So far our immediate area is not threatened.  We see the smoke from the one
near Santa Clarita, but most of the fires are well north of us.

Hey, it's California.  Our chaparral has always burned periodically.

When I was a kid three houses from the hills, I walked up a fire road after
the front had come through.  All of the bushes, etc. were still burning
around their bases.  It was an amazing experience, like walking through
some of the classical visions of Hell.

BTW, I have two bank boxes full of negatives.  Those I can't replace.

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com