Subject: [Leica] Erwin Puts farewell to Leica World
From: roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 20:15:54 -0700

Don Dory via LUG <lug at leica-users.org> wrote:

> I will just add that Leica tests every lens and keeps the record for every
> lens produced.   The MTF is from real lenses and not some idealized
> computer projection.

Which is unlike most of the companies.  In my pre-Leica days, I became
frustrated returning lenses that focused at different places for the
different edges of the field.  I have a mountain ridge at "infinity" and
clear air where I live.  The poor assembly of the middle market optics was
very obvious and frustrating.  We do get something for those prices we pay.

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Erwin Puts farewell to Leica World)
Reply from tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Erwin Puts farewell to Leica World)