Subject: [Leica] Focus Stacking
From: roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark)
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2020 09:49:06 -0700

FWIW, the fourth image down in this set of images --
https://www.paulroark.com/Paris-Boston.html -- is a shot of Paris from the
towers of Notre Dame (M9 and 35mm lens).  It was focus stacked on the left
and then panned to the right, assembled in Photoshop.

What I do much more frequently than something this complex is a simple
"dual focus", where a close object is a significant part of the
composition.  It gets the first shot, then I move to the infinity stop
(manual M optics) without removing my eye from the camera, using the camera
viewfinder's markings and level, if present, to help keep things aligned.

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com

On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 8:09 AM Howard Cummer via LUG <lug at
leica-users.org>