Subject: [Leica] the new normal
From: john at mcmaster.co.uk (John McMaster)
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 15:01:50 +0000
References: <CABAowZ7whOect9oaaY27+Ad6iKq35spzRof4jE0LeC=i_V9Wqg@mail.gmail.com> <4F9B9C7F-058B-431E-A405-957F173BB4CA@gmail.com> <CABmfTOVY_Wci=sUd1WRogBUdJ-zC2UA_tmDGYPLECepQQ8Q0tA@mail.gmail.com> <CDF1D5DA-7C92-41D5-ACB1-B88587BE5513@teleport.com> <F67F5FFB-9298-4521-8C65-4D2F5A2BF333@frozenlight.eu> <LO2P265MB12477F4FB8A093552D18A48CF9F70@LO2P265MB1247.GBRP265.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM> <06E888F3-E57D-4CAE-9D66-521FB0F5096A@frozenlight.eu>

It takes at least 5 weeks for the new Universal Credit to cut in, and that
is no help to people with mortgages.  People on zero-hours contracts get no
statutory sick pay.  The assistance so far has been talking of loans, so
more future debt with no foreseeable income.

So the country will be in a very poor state, both retail and manufacturing,
when we are able to function again for a pandemic that has quite a low
fatality rate......

john