Subject: [Leica] the new normal
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 08:53:36 +0000

Over here in Britain, the government is starting to take economic
measures that seem appropriate, but it has taken a long time to act. For
example, mass gatherings should have been banned weeks ago.

Schools are still open, although a friend has just announced that she
will close the school that she runs after unsatisfactory government
guidance. There are arguments both ways, especially when it comes to
ares where kids get their one decent meal of the day at school and there
are also issues about carers and so on. Teachers and support staff and
for the general running of the schools are vulnerable too.but schools
are one example there are many others.

There does appear to be more action at a local level, though, my brother
who interacts with his local council, social workers and so on says that
from briefings he has received there is quite a lot of planning going on
and in some cases plans from WWII are being reviewed and built upon!

However Boris is starting to appear like a Prime Minister, finally.

My brother called from Poland to say that they are in virtual lock down,
most educational establishments closed about a week or two ago. At the
present he says, the only places that are open, apart from some shops
are the churches.

HOWEVER **WE** have the LUG and I think it is very important that we
keep in touch with one another and use the social side as much as
anything as the support it has always been for all of us. Let's use it!

As the photographer Jacques Revon wrote yesterday in L'Oeil de la
Photographie <https://loeildelaphotographie.com/en/jacques-revon-pp/>
Now is the time to catch up - and post - the backlog!

I look forwrad to seeing your posts, and yes I will restore my old
systems and try to catch up and post, too!

Wishing you all, all the best,

Peter