Subject: [Leica] Teaching an old dog new tricks: learning to shoot ultra-wide
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 15:18:30 -0600

Hello and glad you asked.   I use a 15 and 14mm write a bit.   When you get
wider than about 24mm then the steepness of the perspective makes dof
problematic as the bits in these background start to get a little tiny.
 So, get in close to your main subject and I mean kissing close.   Decide
how much of the background you want to include and that will decide your
aperture.   Be careful not to put your main subject to far in the corners
as things get egg shaped and not especially believable.

You can isolate your subject by using close focusing and a large aperture
or make the statement of belonging by backing up just a bit and stopping
down to f8 wish.

Have fun most of all.