Subject: [Leica] the LUG Yearbook 2019 is published and available
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 21:32:13 +0000

Brian,
That might be a bit of good news as I'm less likely to be stiffed for an
import tariff. When I did my own Blurb book on the 2018 Irish
Presidential Election last year, I was surprised by the speed of its
arrival here in Dublin, so maybe it was Belfast bound (and printed)?

At the moment, Belfast, being still in the UK, despite the best efforts
of various murderous ancestors of mine, is still regarded as part of the
EU - per the transition deal which lasts until 31/12/2020. On the 1st
January 2021 (One One Twenty One), millions of Papilionidae Leaverae
will burst their chrysalides into the suddenly constricted air above
Brexitannia, and rising with little hopeful hearts fluttering with
excitement and expectation, will be brutally swatted by the voracious
flocks of Disappointamentia. Bruised and battered, the tattered
survivors retreat back to earth where they find the golden coach,
constructed magically out of hot air, has reverted to a now rotting pumpkin.

:-)

Douglas