Subject: [Leica] Working on B&W
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 13:53:59 -0600

Thanks you for looking, Don and Peter.? Yes, I went overboard on the one
with the woman and baby.? Here is the original before I worked it over:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/kcarney/_DSF5278-Edit-3-Edit.jpg.html

Hitchcockian is kind now that I look again.? This was in a children's
home outside of Jerusalem.? The others were just walking around in the
Tenderloin, San Francisco.? Sometimes I think my photos are a little
flat, and I discovered I could improve on that by adding a PS adjustment
layer for gradients, and using front-to-back gradient in the photo
toning section.? It tends to enhance the blacks and whites, a little
better I think than using curves, and I can paint the layer in or out as
needed. But not on this image again.

Ken