Subject: [Leica] Monday Misc
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 09:33:58 -0600

Yes, there is an occupant.   Housing is rather expensive in that part of
Austin so folks will live in interesting shelters.   The city has been
cracking down on unpermitted apartments(rooms above garages) so an ongoing
competition between citizens and government on beating regulations.

As an aside, we are in the middle of a land use battle where the city is
vastly increasing density as long as you build in affordable units.   So
people living in a modest bungalow may find themselves surrounded by five
story buildings 10 feet away on two sides.  Of course no provision for
increased transit for all the proposed new residents.  Or new
infrastructure on water or electric mains which are city owned.