Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 26/4/2020: liberation of the children
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 16:41:15 -0500

Correct,  in a relatively small number of cases there has been fatal
strokes.   The NYC data for March of about 5700 patients show no deaths
under age 14 all hospitalized and all positive for Corona 19.

The Spanish experiment is for short distances outside accompanied by a in
domicile adult.   All previous distancing rules apply.  There doesn't
appear to be a large increase in risk vs risk for lowered vitamin D
levels,  lowered immune system with little outside exposure,  increased
risk of obesity with little exercise ad nauseum.

There are currently no real interventions for this virus with only hope for
future progress.   So,  the current best medical information is that if you
are older than about 60, are hypertensive, obese, and/ or diabetic you are
at tremendous risk with this virus.   Lesser numbers will have their immune
system suppressed for example people with organ transplants and are also at
heightened risk.   Fit, normal immune system,  under 50, no history of
smoking/ vaping, not IV drug users are at relatively low risk of death.

If you fit the protocols of low risk and you live with people of the same
profile then you will be able to go out and do normal things.   Caveats
will be wash your hands,  wear a good mask,  keep your distance from other
people where possible,  understand your environment.   If your town/
village has low density and almost no cases then that should be
sufficient.   If you live in a dense environment with many opportunities to
touch surfaces that someone not of immediate family touched then much more
stringent protocols are called for.

Be careful,  understand yourself,  be mindful of your environment,  but
don't be afraid.   All of our ancestors survived the black plague,  the
influenza of 1927-18, polio,  HIV, H1N1.  We will get thru this with most
still standing.   Be safe and enjoy the delights that we have in this
marvelous civilization.