Subject: [Leica] One way to justify a M10R
From: bmwred735i at gmail.com (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2020 15:21:53 -1000

Mark, if you asking me about crop factors in my thoughts, it has nothing to
do with the issue.....
What I am taking about is when you have to take images that are in the
distance, and you can not get closer, either physically or through lens
length...... this method allows you to make that shot......
The advantage that I see is that you do not have to CARRY that lens  (or 2
or 3) extra.....
When you get to my age, you may wish your camera bag is lighter..... and
this is a way to do that.......

Mark, maybe you are right, in reverse.... use a APS-C sensor to get closer
in apparent image content.  you have cut the angle of view.... I crop..
maybe it is the same thing.....  I do it in post, you do it by equipment
selection.....  Sounds like the same result.....

Frank Filippone
BMWRed735i at gmail.com

On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 2:06 PM Mark Kronquist via LUG <lug at
leica-users.org>