Subject: [Leica] Leica M type 240 Why so many for sale?
From: bmwred735i at gmail.com (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2020 18:08:00 -1000

No camera has ever dropped in price, as much as old (eclipsed models of )
digital cameras.  Even if "old" is defined as 1 year in real time....True
no matter if it is brand C, N or L.  Yesterdays cameras are considered
pretty useless, or so the prices might tell you.....

M9's are in the $1900-2500 range.... unless you want a CCD sensor, skip
this one ( or buy mine?)....240's are hot.  (about $3k or so) ... so are
SL's ($2500 right now and still dropping).... A new M10 will set you back
$8k.  Used, $4-5K.  Big feature differences? not really.... each offers a
24mp sensor.  Both use RF focusing,  Yes, there are differences, but not
significant.....IMO... YMMV, and of course there are those that MUST HAVE
the most modern version.....

The best deal right now is a used SL body.  The lenses will set you back
$3,5-5K each, used.  Fabulous camera.  Even more fab lenses.....  But very
$$$ Lenses.... You can use your M lenses, but the problem is that they are
awkward to use with maximum focus accuracy.  Ditto your Nikon, Canon, etc.
lenses....

Now, when the M10R shows its face ( 46MP or so), the M240 or M10 prices are
really going to drop.....

Personally, I will wait till the M10R is older..... now that will meet my
goals..... in the meantime, the Sony A7rii is my cuppa...

Frank Filippone
BMWRed735i at gmail.com