Subject: [Leica] Nikon Z50: 3 Dog Photos, 2 Others
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2020 20:33:55 -0500

I had a roll of that stuff to the type A and at one point it was the only
roll of film or color film in my studio late at night when I was shooting a
very interesting model. I put on a filter and shot it and it came out just a
bit odd but good odd. Hard to describe the color I got from it that night.
Even printed it was a portfolio piece for me for a few years. Made me wish
they'd kept making it as I got one of the last rolls in a camera store in
Portland OR probably in a close out.

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

?On 1/1/20, 3:41 PM, "LUG on behalf of Ken Photo"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of kenphoto
at cogeco.ca> wrote:

    At the other extreme, I had 1 roll of 35mm Kodachrome Type A ASA 8.

    Ken Lee
    Leica M10 & Olympus OM D EM1Mk ii
    Sent from my iPad

    > On Jan 1, 2020, at 2:42 PM, Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com>
wrote:

    > ?Kodachrome had a 400 speed film for a while and it was more grainy
than tri x in most developer dilution combinations by far.

<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of lug at
leica-users.org> wrote:

    >    Thanks to all who responded.  It appears there are a lot of options
for me
    >    to consider and try, although nothing is really and truly pocketable
    >    yet.....I guess it has something to do with the motors these
autofocus
    >    lenses need.
    >
    >    The LUG has definitely evolved I will say!
    >
    >    Rabs is certainly right about pointillism.  I caught a couple of
shots at
    >    ISO 51,200 and that describes them to a 'p', but on the other hand
who
    >    would have thought it when Kodachrome was ASA 10?
    >
    >    --Bob
    >
    >    ====On Wed, Jan 1, 2020 at 6:07 AM Mark Rabiner <mark at
rabinergroup.com>
    >    wrote:
    >
    >> Well last January 1 I got a DX cropped D500 camera. Not only is the
sensor
    >> format smaller but the camera is bigger and heavier than my full
frame D750.
    >> So I did the opposite of what I always thought was important. Which
was if
    >> you were shooting a smaller format have the camera be very much
smaller as
    >> well.
    >> One thing is the non-anti-aliasing screen which makes for shots of
bare
    >> leaved trees a level up from what I'm shooting.
    >> If it?s a low light deal I'd for sure bring along my D750.
    >> But for a while longer I'll still be shooting with the D500.
    >> We'll see that the Z50 which people think relates directly to the D500
    >> more than numbers wise.. what that does to my work or me.
    >>
    >> The noise effect you do get when you shoot high iso's with the D500
I've