Subject: [Leica] IMG: Nathan's PAW 51: walking around, pre-Christmas
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2019 21:47:45 +0530

51_10 followed by 51_30 for me. The last one actually reminded me of a
cricket joke. During the acrimonious Bodyline Series of 1932-33 (when
Australia almost left the Commonwealth because of a cricket strategy,
believe it or not) , the very patrician Douglas Jardine, the English
captain, probably the most hated man in Australia at that time, was playing
a typically obdurate knock - full of "character", but not much action in
Sydney. Came a voice from the Hill "Jardine, if only you were a statue and
I was a pigeon". The story is apocryphal, probably first written about by
the great Manchester Guardian correspondent on cricket and music, Neville
Cardus, who was never really known for letting hard facts get in the way of
a good, illustrative story, and thank the heavens for that!

Cheers
Jayanand