Subject: [Leica] IMG: Ruby-crowned Kinglet
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2019 04:04:43 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

This Ruby-crowned Kinglet (Regulus calendula) has discovered the delights of
my hummingbird feeder.  While the kinglet and the resident hummingbirds have
occasional discussions about possession of said source of sugary syrup, for
the most part they leave each other alone.  This kinglet visits the feeder
every few minutes allowing me the opportunity for a few photographs.

I had initially set the camera up on a tripod a few meters away and covered
the camera and myself with camo-print netting, which the kinglet pretty much
ignored.  I eventually left the netting on only the camera/tripod, exposing
my camo-print hat and eyes.  This photograph was the kinglet's initial
response to the altered scenery:

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/regulidae/regulus/rcking09.html

all comments welcome.

Doug Herr