Subject: [Leica] IMG : Camouflage in the Fall - MARK R
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 10:53:51 -0500

I don?t know why I thought I could recognize something that was more than
half in the squirrels mouth; looked like an acorn which is all I ever saw an
squirrel eat. I look it up and it says an acorn comes from nut of the oak
tree.
I Bing it and it says " Squirrels eat the acorns of over 20 species of oaks,
as well as hickory nuts, walnuts, beech nuts, hazelnuts, and any other kind
of nut they can get their hands on and chew open. Squirrels also eat plants,
insects, bird eggs, and even baby birds, but acorns and other nuts are their
main food source."

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

?On 11/18/19, 5:48 AM, "LUG on behalf of Philippe via LUG"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of lug at
leica-users.org> wrote:

    Thanks all for viewing

    Mark, I don?t think these are acorns. The tree for me is an elm, and the
squirrel very methodically plucks the fruits/seeds from the branches, and
munches the shells open, which it then drops. It doesn?t store the seeds and
eats them on the spot. A simile would be me with a bag of cashew nuts along
a tumbler of peaty Islay. ?
    here?s a crop

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Playground/Tic+et+Tac-0673.jpg.html

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Playground/Tic+et+Tac-0673.jpg.html>

    Amities

    Philippe

leica-users.org> wrote:

    >    This little fellow urged me to get a long lens out today. And I
then struggled to focus it due to the colours of the foliage and of its hair
being so close. But I think I got the following four snaps alright.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Playground/Tic+et+Tac-0670.jpg.html