Subject: [Leica] Formal announcement of LUG Yearbook 2019 rules and instructions
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 20:11:05 -0400

I'm up on the 100 pictures taken with a Leica idea by Brian on this thing,
the Yearbook.
To me it points out the idea that here is we have people who never spent any
time making images with a Leica. They thought better about owning or using a
Leica. Now they are on a chat list telling others about why Leica has never
been their camera.
We all have our own little opinions of what we don?t like. That?s one of
mine. Classica Trollers and Trolling.
I think we need people here who have given Iowa a try  make that Leica.
No law says a person needs to shoot with a Leica. But it helps to have a
slightly positive attitude about it if going out of ones way consorting with
a bunch of people who have enjoyed using them if they are not doing so now.
I'm pro Leica and I vote.
So I look at a picture in the Yearbook taken with a cheap compact camera
with a sensor the size of my broken pinky toenail and it?s a jpeg right out
of the camera like a roll of film you'd brought to the drugstore that ran
thought a machine I know at least they had gone through a time when the
camera they pulled out of their side bag or wore around there neck was a
Leica.  To to me this is a Leica person.

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

?On 10/17/19, 7:38 PM, "LUG on behalf of Jeff Moore"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of jbmmllug
at jbm.org> wrote:

    Thanks for taking this on, Brian!

    I like your working definition of what it is to be a "Leica photographer"
    for the purpose of determining eligibility.