Subject: [Leica] Leica Sl2 announced
From: ken at iisaka.org (Ken Iisaka)
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2019 16:51:00 -0800

Aw, screw it.

I've decided I will get it when I visit Europe again next year. At 5999 EUR
less VAT (about 5200 USD), the price difference from the US price (5999USD
+ 9.25% = $6554) will pay for the airfare.

For the last 24 hours, I was trying to convince myself how my dented SL
works beautifully, and its quality won't get any worse because there is a
new camera. But it is such a quantum leap. It will be the last camera I
will ever need or want for pretty much all shooting situations I can
imagine for myself.

Or save a few bucks and get a Panasonic S1R? I know I won't be happy with
its user interface, and the fact that I will have to carry
different batteries and a different charger. The fact that it shares the
same battery with SL and Q2 is brilliant.

I frequently carry my Q2 and SL+24/90 in my Hadley bag. I may still use the
Q2 for most of what I shoot, but the SL2 will be formidable.