Subject: [Leica] LUG yearbook
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 15:08:01 -0700

Hi Mark,
The one thing that drives me crazy all the time and that is the "TECHIE
STUFF" so many folks get hung-up on? TESTING LENSES ETC.?
When in many cases it's the person operating the camera who hangs it up?
"WHY?"
Well heck anyone can read all the instructions in the manual that came with
the CAMERA? THEN TEST THEIR BRAINS OUT?
HOWEVER??? If that person can't "see the "picture magic moment" first?" as
it pops through their eyeballs and the magic moment isn't seen by them?
It doesn't mean anything to any future viewer!
Nor camera in the world, no matter how much it costs? IT'S ONLY AS GOOD AS
THE EYES & BRAIN" ? re-action time of the photog, despite what all the
advertising says the camera can do!!
ANY "CAMERA?" IT DOESNT MATTER WHICH ONE IS STILL ONLY GOING TO BE AS GOOD
AS THE "photog" seeing the magic moment first? If the photog "clicks it fast
enough to capture it?"
Many don't "SEE THE SPLIT SECOND OF THE absolute magical MOMENT?"
ERGO? NEITHER DOES THE CAMERA! OOPS!
CHEERS,
Dr.Ted Grant O.C.