Subject: [Leica] Focus Magic
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2019 22:43:49 -0400

In the photoshop Sub Menu List under "Sharpen" are 6 options:
Shake Reduction
Sharpen
Sharpen Edges
Sharpen More
Smart Sharpen
Unsharp Mask
I remember the 16 Kai's tools there was sharpen tool I felt was much better
than Unsharp mask. When that tanked I thought I was a fish out of water but
unsharp mask turned out to be better when I got better at using it
I used to play around with the 5 other photoshop sharpen options worlds unto
themselves but I've fallen into plain vanilla "Unsharp Mask" for the past
full decade and more.
"Shake Reduction" was not even on the menu list last time I looked. But I
never look. Maybe it was?
I think it could take me a couple of weeks to perfect the wonders of the new
"Shake Reduction" and maybe it would be worth it. I feel like its dumb of me
to not belong to a news list where I can see what people think about the
various sharpening options in Photoshop and how they compare to third party
add ons.
The problem with my use of add ons is I'm always afraid I'm going to like
them. Because they're all here today gone tomorrow. I could spend a summer
in a summer camp crash course on sharpening options already in photoshop.
Thing is my pix are sharp enough. Sometimes I select a small area and
sharpen it twice. A very uncool thing to do but I have no shame.

.

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

?On 9/17/19, 5:34 PM, "LUG on behalf of Tina Manley via LUG"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of lug at
leica-users.org> wrote:

    It's hard to tell the difference in a small jpeg on the internet but both
    of these do a good job:

    Smart Sharpen:  https://pbase.com/tinamanley/image/169782435

    Sharpen Ai:  https://pbase.com/tinamanley/image/169782436

    I'll probably end up using Sharpen Ai most often because it's a LR
plug-in.

    Thanks, guys!!

    Tina

    On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 1:57 PM Tina Manley <tmanley at gmail.com> wrote:

    > PESO:
    >
    > I recently had to reinstall Windows 10 and all of my Photoshop plug-ins
    > had to be reinstalled, too.  The only one I've had problems with is
Focus

<http://www.alamy.com/stock-photography/3B49552F-90A0-4D0A-A11D-2175C937AA91/Tina+Manley.html>