Subject: [Leica] thinking about posting pictures
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2019 12:46:28 -0700

In the past while I have reflected on the issue of posting pictures to
the LUG, which I haven't done much of. And I've looked at all of the
pictures that do get posted and thought "hmmm".

What I think I've learned is that the pictures that I like the most are
pictures that come from the photographer's passion, and not pictures
that the photographer thinks are "good" pictures. I never thought I
would enjoy looking at pictures of trains or insects or plants or
airplanes or strange-looking people smoking cigarettes on a city street.
But I do. I was amazed at how much I liked the photographs of park
benches that used to appear from time to time.

Right now my passion is my grandchildren, and I think I'm going to start
posting pictures of them. You don't have to look at them if you don't
want. Mostly I prefer pictures of people, and 90% of the pictures I've
ever taken have been formal or informal individual or group portraits.

Well, first I need to finish cleaning out my office and turning in my
keys. And until the Q2 that I've ordered manages to arrive, I don't have
a working Leica except my IIIf and an M6. I need autofocus; I can't see
well enough to focus an M any more, so I've passed on my M9 to someone I
think will use it well. I will get to see my youngest grandchild again
in a month, so I dearly hope my Q2 has arrived by then.

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] thinking about posting pictures)