Subject: [Leica] Planning a LUG video gathering
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 15:09:10 -0700

I am very experienced in computer security and very up to date on the
security risks of most modern software.
I used to tell my engineering students at Stanford "All power tools can
kill". Along those lines, all software has security risks.
I know what the security issues are in Zoom and I have configured our
session to block any capability that could be used as a weapon against
us.
The only security issue that I haven't addressed is outsiders joining to
harass us. If that happens I will deal with it and perhaps make some
changes for next time.

Zoom has been certified as HIPAA compliant, but what that means is that
it can be used by trained people to achieve HIPAA compliant procedures.