Subject: [Leica] Just wondering
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2019 08:14:49 +0200

As someone who posts a lot of images every week, some with Leica equipment,
some with Fuji/Panasonic/Ricoh, I will chime in here. I am on a couple of
cycling related lists which do allow inline photos. But there it makes sense
because they are used mostly in posts where the poster has some mechanical
problem and it helps to post a photo of the relevant part of the bicycle to
get answers to one?s question. Otherwise, photos are incidental to the
conversation.

Here, photography IS the conversation, so I think that if the restriction
were lifted, the volume and bandwidth used would explode, and although those
are much less of a restriction now than in earlier times, they are still not
free. And many of us either have our own websites or use one of the many
available services, or the LUG Gallery which Brian has provided for our use.
So I really do not see a need to embed images in posts.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain