Subject: [Leica] But the bokeh is great!
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 22:36:15 -0700

Thanks, Brian, and all who commented.

As I thought, this is a common experience. It brought back many memories
of my mother trying to get someone to take a family snap with her Bolsey
B2 rangefinder back in the "60s.? She would hold up her index finger and
say, "Make the two fingers become one." In fact, one of the duff images
of this scene has me doing just that.

I "got it" at age 7 or 8, so I could take a decent picture with that
Bolsey. It was my pre-Leica training. Most of the rest of the family
never could figure it out.? My usual method these days is to focus on
the scene myself, then plant my photographer in my footprints and say,
"just press this button after I get over there."

Now the good news. "S," the young woman who took the "bokeh" picture,
pretty much figured it out after about 12 shots. Her last two images
were usable as family snaps with some extra sharpening in post. Much
more encouraging than Brian's Senior Photography Instructor.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/temp/L1000177.jpg.html>

S. is into photography and shoots a Nikon DSLR.? She was very interested
in my Leica, and said she really wanted one. I suspect she would be fine
with a Leica after a little instruction and practice. So think good
thoughts about her, she's one of us!

--Peter