Subject: [Leica] SSD speeds up my system
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 08:01:03 -0700

I finally took the plunge when SSDs dropped in price to $100 per TB.  I put
a 1TB PCIE SSD in lieu of my HDD for my boot drive, and then put 4TB SSD in
my Dell 8910 desktop.  Only my images in that 4TB drive and then continued
on with LR Classic CC.

The boot up improvement in going from a HDD, even a fast one, to an SSD was
amazing. easily a 1/10 the time to boot.  This is a more specialized drive,
and replacing this drive type is not for the faint hearted.

But in LR, the improvement was pretty good too..The speed improvement, when
going from normal view to x1 view ( magnifying the image) was 60%
Improvement... from 10 seconds to 4 seconds.

If you have not done it yet, and are about to replace your HDD, I really
recommend an SSD.

The 4TB SSD used was a Samsung QVO850.

The PCIE Drive was a 1TB Samsung EVO960

Frank Filippone