Subject: [Leica] Leica M mount lens for Canon EF mount camera bodies?
From: bmwred735i at gmail.com (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 09:59:44 -1000

Sorry, Susan, it will not work..... The distance from the lens mount to the
"film" in the M cameras is 27.95mm.  The distance for the regular old SLR
type EOS mount is 44mm.  What that means is that your Leica lenses will be
further away from the film than in an M body... which means you will only
be able to shoot Macro type stuff..... without some form of lens in the
adapter....... which may exist..... I am not sure....and ebay ( the all old
things used database folk) have none listed.

The other choice is if you have a Mirrorless Canon EOS body, which WILL
work..... Novoflex makes an adapter, so do others.. These are available and
are cheap ($10-20) to overpriced ($200 and more) ....

Frank Filippone
BMWRed735i at gmail.com