Subject: [Leica] more signs (2019-3)
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2019 08:41:11 +0530

There is one more point to be noted in the way the USA reports unemployment
data. "Unemployment" refers to those actively looking for jobs, but not
able to find one. It does NOT count those who are of working age, but have
given up looking for jobs totally. A corollary is that even if a person is
holding down a 2hr/day part time job, they are considered employed, to the
best of my knowledge.

Most Government data, irrespective of country, are massaged and fudged in
varying degrees to suit the government of the day. It is wise to approach
these numbers with eyes wide open!

Cheers
Jayanand