Subject: [Leica] IMG: Blue Eyes, Blue Sea
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2019 10:54:10 -0700

We are Siamese if you please!

I haven?t seen a Siamese in years, maybe decades.

If I remember correctly, here at UC Davis before WWII, they were doing a
study with Siamese. The campus was closed during WWII and used for defense
purposes. The researchers just let the cats go onto the campus at that
point. Now the story is that when Siamese breed with your basic American
Domestic the result is a black cat, which I tend to believe because when I
came to UCD in the late 60s, and again in the late 70s, the campus was
haunted by black cats - large ones. We had a kitten that almost certainly
was from a ?campus cat? - black, vocal, affectionate. Lost to feline
leukemia before the vaccine was available.

Adam