Subject: [Leica] IMG: some photos from Venice
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2019 10:25:37 +0100

Some nice images there, Adam, but I agree with the other commenters in
that large cruise ships are a very intimidating presence there.

I've been to Venice on three occasions, coming in by San Lucia station
twice (the best way I think) and once by smallish boat from Punta
Sabbione on the Lido di Jesola side. The large cruise ships tend to
dominate the wonderful architecture of the city and are a huge
distraction. Get rid of them I would say. I see that the Great Orange
One has decreed that US cruise ships are to be banned from Cuba in order
to topple the regime there, but perhaps he might be better off
encouraging one hundred times more as the ecological effects may cause
Havana to topple into the sea too. Who needs cruise missiles when you've
got cruise ships.

BTW on Venice, don't bother going in July and August as you'll just be
carried along in a sweaty multitude of Mildreds from Manchester,
Magdalenas from Mainz, Mari Jos from Minnesota, etc., etc., and that's
not including the men. Go in the quieter months - October November are
good and you'll get a chance to use your camera.

Douglas