Subject: [Leica] IMG: leopard resting with prey
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Fri, 31 May 2019 17:01:49 -0700

He did, indeed! We had an entire safari vehicle to ourselves so we could
just sit and wait and watch as long as we needed to.

This was shot late in the day (hence the pink clouds). Our stay-time on site
was limited because sunset was looming, we were some distance from our camp,
and being out on the Serengeti after dark is not well thought of by the
rangers. We were the only ones there, as I recall, most others had even
further to drive than we did.

The following day we drove by the same tree. There was no sign of leopard,
carcass of antelope, nada. All gone.

Getting the sky right took work because it was washed out. I had also shot
some video of the same scene with the same camera and that had the right sky
color so I had to mask out the tree and manipulate the sky to have it match
properly.

We had a fabulous week on safari.

Adam