Subject: [Leica] Parthasarathy Temple
From: j2m46 at hotmail.fr (Jean-Michel Mertz)
Date: Tue, 7 May 2019 16:46:59 +0000

Indeed, your portraits have that "look" you're mentioning. And there's a
plus: superb colours! JM

Jean-Michel Mertz
68750 - Bergheim

________________________________
De : LUG <lug-bounces+j2m46=hotmail.fr at leica-users.org> de la part de
Jayanand Govindaraj via LUG <lug at leica-users.org>
Envoy? : mardi 30 avril 2019 12:33
? : Leica Users Group; PSM
Cc : Jayanand Govindaraj
Objet : [Leica] Parthasarathy Temple

I got out and went on to the streets for photography after quite some time
last week, for the Ther (Chariot) festival at Parthasarathy Temple in
Triplicane. I always find it more rewarding, photographically, to look away
from the huge, intimidating Ther, to the reactions in the crowd, and this
time was no different. I went out with the Nikon D850, because my favourite
lens currently for these sort of crowded situations is the AFS Nikkor 58mm
f1.4, which has such beautiful transitions that everything looks dreamy and
painterly, and the subject literally pops, especially when used wide open.
This very modern lens is, refreshingly, not designed for maximum sharpness
but for a "look", which at least I really like. All street portraits,
except for the last one, which I suppose is half a portrait, at least!:

Boys do not normally do this, it is the province of the ladies!

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/Triplicane/Triplicane-20190425-002.jpg.html

Grandparenting:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/Triplicane/Triplicane-20190425-008.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/Triplicane/Triplicane-20190425-053.jpg.html

Bystanders:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/Triplicane/Triplicane-20190425-026.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/Triplicane/Triplicane-20190425-035.jpg.html

Three Generations:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/Triplicane/Triplicane-20190425-047.jpg.html

Old Friends:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/Triplicane/Triplicane-20190425-054.jpg.html

Piety:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/Triplicane/Triplicane-20190425-058.jpg.html

Offering:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/Triplicane/Triplicane-20190425-059.jpg.html

Please see LARGE

Comments and criticism, as ever, welcome!

Cheers
Jayanand