Subject: [Leica] FINISHED!!! - thank you!
From: j2m46 at hotmail.fr (Jean-Michel Mertz)
Date: Tue, 7 May 2019 16:35:59 +0000

Thank you, Tina, for your response. This is amazing! I did not suspect LR to
be that good at managing such enormous amounts of pictures. I understand
your SSD drives are internal? You had them installed maybe, a million
pictures probably exceeds what "normal" SSDs would do or am I wrong? JM

Jean-Michel Mertz
68750 - Bergheim

________________________________
De : LUG <lug-bounces+j2m46=hotmail.fr at leica-users.org> de la part de
Tina Manley via LUG <lug at leica-users.org>
Envoy? : samedi 4 mai 2019 20:37
? : Leica Users Group
Cc : Tina Manley
Objet : Re: [Leica] FINISHED!!!

Thanks, Jean-Michel!  I have two LR catalogs.  My Current catalog contains
the photos that I am still working on.  Right now, that one has just over
92,000 photos and is pretty fast.  I keep it updated and optimized all the
time.  The other one called Archive has everything else - well over
1,000,000 photos.  That one is a little slower but I make Smart Previews of
anything I'm liable to be using and that speeds things up.  I put my LR
catalogs on SSD drives and that did seem to help.  All of the photos
themselves are still archived on external hard drives.  I could not work
without LR!

Tina

<http://www.alamy.com/stock-photography/3B49552F-90A0-4D0A-A11D-2175C937AA91/Tina+Manley.html>