Subject: [Leica] Notre Dame de Paris - THANK YOU!
From: j2m46 at hotmail.fr (Jean-Michel Mertz)
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2019 16:02:28 +0000

Dear Luggers, thank you for your heartfelt messages! The shock of watching
ND burn live on TV is now ebbing a bit though the worry of her breaking
apart is still there. There's an incredible amount of money being already
collected for her restoration - the battle is now raging as to whether the
cathedral ought to be reconstructed as it was or "adapted" to our times and
techniques. I think this event, though tragic, has one positive consequence:
it has uncovered our urgent need to reconsider our national heritage
preservation policy. There are too many churches, monuments, buildings, etc.
literally crumbing down for want of proper repairs. It has also brought to
the fore the unbelievable global interest - love? - in what we might call
our common cultural heritage here in France and more broadly in Europe.
Un grand merci ? vous tous!
JM
Jean-Michel Mertz
68750 - Bergheim

________________________________
De : LUG <lug-bounces+j2m46=hotmail.fr at leica-users.org> de la part de
Lluis Ripoll via LUG <lug at leica-users.org>
Envoy? : mardi 16 avril 2019 00:08
? : Leica Users Group
Cc : Lluis Ripoll
Objet : Re: [Leica] Notre Dame de Paris

+1 Je me joins ? Peter ainsi que tout le peuple de Catalogne et l?Humanit?
enti?re. Cette Cath?drale c?est un symbole que va au d?la de la culture
fran?aise, elle a ?t? construite ? la Madeleine, donc nous parle de
pluralit? comme celle qui fondamente l??sprit de l?Europe.

Lluis