Subject: [Leica] large camera collection needs a home.
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2019 21:45:26 -0400

Alan Klotz.
http://www.klotzgallery.com/

Was just speaking to him about daguerreotypes a couple of hours ago. I think
he's one of the world experts. Also nice guy. Has a bunch of people working
for him but his place is on the second floor not far from me so I'll check
it out soon. I'd run into him at the AIPAD show which runs through the
weekend.

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

?On 4/4/19, 5:06 PM, "LUG on behalf of Don Dory via LUG"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of lug at
leica-users.org> wrote:

    Through a friend I have come across a woman whose husband expended huge
    resources into a camera and daguerreotype collection.  On the camera side
    stereo, large, medium, small, and subminiature formats with an extensive
    Kodak collection ending in the 50's.  Maybe a thousand daguerreotypes of
    all sizes most in embossed leather cases.  The issue is that this is more
    or less her retirement.

    Are there any suggestions on areas on inquiry?  She would like a museum
    setting but can not afford to donate so would need a third party who
needs
    a tax deduction.

    All the best.

    --