Subject: [Leica] IMGS: B&W
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2019 10:14:21 -0600
References: <CA+yJO1CdiKMX-mWxntiHtcs1EG_QSSKjZjv=HVAGDwtdhnpoHA@mail.gmail.com> <D9157AB0-1EF7-4BA1-91B7-F763EEDFFFBE@rabinergroup.com> <CA+yJO1AAo5u6tV1RL2wg4zPHvj=S9+JJ70=ZLyO4+AHWNJGZQg@mail.gmail.com> <17B5993E-8F49-4B60-837E-B1592A08C2EF@gmail.com> <CA+yJO1CPvGJ6cqw3r3e2cTcc2GYV7_zmkfSbSq-vwg8s7xcFDQ@mail.gmail.com> <E24DDA4F-E623-4382-9223-F869F8410346@gmail.com> <CA+yJO1CbD3-5sT64U1LNLuBLo6J6c36ZPCfg6rEJg-uCMxG1Yw@mail.gmail.com>

Hi Tina and Lluis,

Though I don't have the MM, I have been watching this discussion with
interest.? I do have a lot of scanned B&W images that need some cleanup
and processing to make them useful.? I have experimented with Silver
Efex and also with the B&W preset filters in Lightroom.? While Silver
Efex is the best overall, I have, in some cases found that I was more
pleased with the results from one of the LR B&W filters.

I do check out the results with the color filter effects provided in
Silver Efex and often find subtle improvements with the use of one of
the filters.

Just my 2 cents.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA