Subject: [Leica] Highlands PAW 06
From: piers.hemy at gmail.com (piers@hemy.org)
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2019 18:03:40 +0000

Agreed, Don, but the pace names where John lives give clear evidence that
your arrival by longboat would not be the first!

Lybster, Ulbster, Camster are certainly not Scots in origin, nor Gaelic.
Just insert an 'e' to make ....seter and you have clear Norse names. And
about ten miles away is Wick, or Vik as it undoubtedly once was. And a
little further south, around me, there are numerous ....dal place names, as
well as Dingwall, otherwise Thingvollr.

But I will keep a lookout for the second coming!

Piers