Subject: [Leica] REAL PHOTOGS MOTTO!!! :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2019 10:55:00 -0800

Hi Ken,
-----Original Message-----
From: LUG [mailto:lug-bounces+tedgrant=shaw.ca at leica-users.org] On Behalf
Of Ken Carney
Sent: January-07-19 5:26 PM
To: Leica Users Group
Subject: Re: [Leica] REAL PHOTOGS MOTTO!!! :-)

Hi Ted,
Well, I shoot b&w, I eat sushi and drink single malt but: My photos just
aren't looking as involved as yours...there must be something
else...can't put my finger on it.<<<
Well my friend I think it has very much to do with "the time ("Years?") and
("assignments") that were given to photojournalists back in those times
compared too, today? :-(
  >Whatever, all the best to you and Itruly appreciate the inspiration from
your photos and emails over the
years.  They have made a huge difference in my poor efforts.  I see
these emails on how to be a great photographer (for a small price) and I
think, just go look at the greats for a start.<<<<<<<<<<
Thank you good Sir.
Looking at the photos of those who succeeded before us, we learn by studying
their light use & light levels, compositions. Then trying their mannerisms
over and over until "OUR PHOTOS?" take on a somewhat similar look of impact.
Then we study it more so. Gradually our "LIGHT USE?" develops the magic look
of what attracted us in the beginning. All the best and thanks for your kind
comments.
cheers,
Dr. ted grant O.C.
tedgrant at shaw.ca