Subject: [Leica] Leica Worth Leica II III IIIa shoot with them almost every day...
From: mak at teleport.com (Mark Kronquist)
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2018 10:12:51 -0700

That serial number codes to a very common Leica IIIa. However, the VAST (all
but 800? the number is questionable) were chrome

The Summar has some fans for dreamy, soft images but, generally is regarded
as a body cap by those of us who own and use Barnack Cameras?

Leica III in black body-I purchased one this month nice user for sub $350
from ebay

Summar lens-maybe on a good day $100 (there are collectible ones with pips
for Agfa Color Filters, Non standard versions but?)

Leica II Black Common   NO SLOW SPEEDS ON FRONT NO STRAP LUGS
Leica III Black Common has slow speeds and strap lugs Top speed 1/500th
Leica IIIa Black RARE as heck top shutter speed 1/1000th

Leitz offered many conversions of SM Cameras (just as you could have M4-P
frames added to your M2/4/4-2)

If it is a Black IIIa grab it at any price

Otherwise your $700 is more than fair.

Also on that $2000 number is that an ?asking price? or a real closed auction
price

Thanks

Mark in Oregon who is always looking to adopt SM cameras and lenses