Subject: [Leica] Leica Worth
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2018 11:50:32 -0500

Hi Tina,

 From my check of the serial number, I would guess the body to be a
Leica II, III, or IIIa, probably a IIIa made in 1936.? Does it have a
low-speed dial on the front?

When you state "all black body", I am puzzled.? I have never encountered
a black body in this series.? It could possibly have been repainted.

Value depends on condition and the buyer.? I have a Leica IIIa which I
bought in 1952, and it shows its age.? It certainly needs a CLA.? I
think the high priced ones on Ebay are playing to collectors.

The Summar was Leica's first attempt at a production 50 f/2 lens, and it
shows.? If you want a moody image, go for it.? Prices on Ebay run from
$225 to $475.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA