Subject: [Leica] So why are Leica R now worth less than their Minolta parents? $109 R-5 from Roberts on eBay just now
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 23:34:43 -0400

Lenses went up recently..... except the older ones....they should have
tanked....

You can buy a perfectly good 28-70 for less than $400, but the 35-70 is $1K.
 Similar in the 80-200 which still runs $1K+ and if you want the 21-35, that
will set you back almost $3K......
The 75-150, which i bought and tested, costs less than $200 and is better by
my testing than a Nikon 70-210 F4, which costs $750++
Who is buying all of these to keep the prices so high?  Retired Doctors,
Lawyers and Indian Chiefs?
Could be the after effects of the SL?  But the lenes are a PITA to use as
they are not native mount.... might as well use N or C.

Haven?t seen a R camea in the field for years.....

Frank Filippone Red735i at verizon.net

On Thursday, August 2, 2018, Mark Kronquist via LUG <lug at leica-users.org>