Subject: [Leica] Quick question for any M5 shooters
From: bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. COLEN)
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2018 14:47:24 -0400

Hi, Lluis! Yes, I love seeing your images on Facebook and Instagram. I must
say I never understood the attraction of the Monochrome - not that I could
afford one if I did understand the attraction :-). But to me, the best thing
about digital is that one captures in color - yes, I know that the sensor
sees in black and white and adds the color, and one has the option from
image to image to change ISO, decide the image should be black and white,
color, or whatever. And of course, pixels are free. But I heartily agree
with you that as good as digital images processed as black and white can be,
they are NOT silver images. My daughter, who has grown up to be the
Associate Director of the Howard Greenberg Gallery, in NYC, has for two
decades been saying to me, ?It?s nice, Daddy, but it?s not?the same as
silver.? Film as a depth and solidity that black and white digital lacks.
None of which is to say that I will stop shooting digital. I love my various
Fujis and the results I get from them. But I am glad I made the leap and
grabbed this shockingly well preserved three-lug M5, and I am finding with
every roll that I?m getting back into the Leica rhythm - and focusing. Now
to get a bulk loader, 100 feet of HP5 - which makes it affordable again, and
chemicals for developing.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome back.You?ve long been setting an example for
the rest of us.

B. D.

On April 28, 2018 at 2:29:40 PM, Ripoll via LUG Lluis (lug at