Subject: [Leica] Green Shadows Example
From: tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2018 11:02:17 -0400
References: <CA+yJO1BJCG381PZPC458FRGrFs8fGdUCCTg44n8rOgGB7w1rzA@mail.gmail.com> <6B34F15E-9C1E-46CF-BCC7-0FFFDE924AE5@gmail.com> <CA+yJO1Dxjoovx4=PfSVChzD-gkU6Zuw9U7K8Dj3pgpoTk=8jWQ@mail.gmail.com> <b0273f03364d008abaca717bce52ac8e@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> <1BE05C46-5BA9-41D8-B5A8-5F46387F1B44@gmail.com> <1997c37676818650e1d32c5f70d7d3fa@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> <CA+yJO1ADri2r8CWJjH+KBBiRgdR1fHr4UbEz3M8aaggZDMeWEQ@mail.gmail.com> <D6F03CC3.923D8%chris@chriscrawfordphoto.com>

Thanks, Chris!  I spent the morning watching your video which was
outstanding and very informative.  I learned a lot!  However, following the
directions for using the Epson Color Controls (the Windows version is
different from the Mac but I think I got everything right) the print on the
Ilford Gold Silk paper was about 10x worse!!   The green shadows were
unbelievably bad.  I printed it again with 1.8 Gamma chosen and it was
slightly better but still much worse than letting LightRoom apply the
Ilford profile.

The only way I've managed to get rid of the green shadows is to change to
another paper.  The Canson Platine print is beautiful, but that paper is
$132 for 25 sheets of 13x19!!

I've ordered some Hahnemuhle Silk Baryata that I hope will work.  It's not
cheap either!

I'm also beginning to think I should have gotten the Epson P800 instead of
the 1430 Artisan when I got a new printer.  I may order one if I can figure
out how to justify the cost!!

Thanks for your help.

Tina

--