Subject: [Leica] Sony full frame kit lens sought
From: alal at nyu.edu (Akhil Lal)
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2018 23:23:36 -0400

Hi Paul,

Actually I am having second thoughts about MF lenses on the A7.

Last month, when it was on sale, I got an A7 ll body with M and R adapters.
The complete kit with the 28-70 zoom was available for a bit more but I did
not get it (a mistake in retrospect) as I thought I would use the A7 only
as a platform for my R and M lenses. Turns out there are situations where
MF lenses just will not do, hence the quest for an inexpensive FE lens in
order to see how it performs in those situations where automation is
required. As of now, my A7+ M/R combo is, not surprisingly,  more
cumbersome to use than my Nikon D800 + native lenses, which IMO sort of
tiips the balance against the compact camera system. Of course, YMMV.

Regards,
Akhil