Subject: [Leica] OT: Sim Chip in Europe
From: alal at nyu.edu (Akhil Lal)
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2018 13:51:51 -0400

Hi all,

My son is travelling across Europe - he is in Germany today heading off to
Austria and Italy in the next few days -  but is unable to get data on his
iPhone  or iPad with US T-mobile sims cards installed. We have an
international  roaming plan but it is not working  and T-mobile USA is  not
too helpful.

I've suggested that he should pick up a European Sim chip to  get data on
his iPad. He says that tied multiple mobile phone stores but could not find
data sim chips in Europe, only hot spots packages or  prepaid phones.

So if a question for Europe-based luggers. Have data sim chips been phased
out in Europe? If not, where would they be available?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Akhil

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] OT: Sim Chip in Europe)