Subject: [Leica] Kodachrome
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 02:56:30 -0500

I think slide films are at the bottom now selling wise. They don't sell a
lot of the stuff. The last years of Kodachrome not a lot of people were
buying it but quite a few were buying and using Fujichrome.  Fujichrome did
replace Kodachrome in the hearts and minds of most serious photographers you
got it back and hour later instead of a few days and the color was great.
It certainly replaced Ektachrom which always was cyan and horrible. But no
one used it. Fujichrome ruled.
Me I mainly shot color neg and black and white neg.

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

?On 2/14/18, 2:18 AM, "LUG on behalf of Gerry Walden via LUG"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of lug at
leica-users.org> wrote:

    I am intrigued that Kodak are now pushing Kodachrome photography (note,
I did not say Kodachrome is back) by publishing a new Kodachrome magazine,
edition 2 of which is now available at a price of ?20 here in the UK. It
features Kodachrome images from the archives but is very expensive for what
it is. I also note that a contact sheet featured in Edition 2 was shot on
Ilford HP5, but it is what the featured photographer was using ?back in the
day?.

    Does this re-emergence mean that they are trying to raise interest in
Kodachrome again? Pretty unlikely, but a strange move.

    Gerry

    Gerry Walden
    023 8046 3076
    0797 287 7932