Subject: [Leica] New Zenit/Leica
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 12:35:51 -0500

Through LHSA I have had the opportunity to talk to upper echelon Leica AG
folk.  Almost all very impressive in the learning curve from the M8 to
todays models.  I suspect also that the M9 sensor debacle has them thinking
that lots of spare parts is not a good bottom line strategy.  The old Leica
being able to repair a 1930's camera is probably over; like all electronics
there is a finite life and then it's done.  We have discussed the issue of
batteries and digital.  Once your battery is discontinued then you should
probably be thinking of moving on unless you have a truly mass camera like
a consumer very popular model so aftermarket support remains.

With that said I have been surprised that I can still find M8-M9 etc
batteries.