Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 30/10/2017: goodbye to Cheeta
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 09:18:03 -0700

Nathan mon ami,
Having had the pleasure over the years of enjoying your many photos of
Cheeta I also sat here and shed tears at your post of her passing.
In our family it was always cats. I even had the strange experience back in
the Ottawa days when a pregnant female cat was lying in my lap one evening
when she made some very strange sounds moved around kind of strange like and
began delivering her litter in my lap.
We knew she was close "HOWEVER?" not this close? I had a big blanket under
her anyway so I immediately put her into her big box where over the next
while she delivered 5 little ones!
So over night we went from 3 adult cats to 8.
And we grew up with the little ones as they did with us. As they became
older and began chasing around in big circles through the lower level of the
house it was amazing watching them grow. Eventually we gave them to friend
families living by around the neighbourhood.
As they were learning to acclimatize to their new digs, often those living
nearby would turn up at our back door. I would have to take them back to the
new digs quite often. An emotional bit of experience each time.
When we moved to the west coast of CANADA Irene and I drove our cars and 5
cats were flown out as soon as we were settled in our new home.
But pets aren't strangers...THEY ARE PART OF YOUR FAMILY! And what happens
to them is felt by the whole family and at times? That can be as sorrowful
as losing a human being of the family.
In time another pet will sort of replace Cheeta, but never replace the
feelings one had!
cheers,
Ted